Silva compass Ranger is a traditional baseplate compass commonly used by hikers mountaineers, backpackers and hunters. It has all the features you need for your adventure.
If you are looking for a basic, yet functional compass for your outdoor adventure, Ranger should be your choice. Ranger features rubber grip for easy handling and comes with a use-anywhere declination scale inside the capsule, a magnifying lens, and base plate map-measuring in mm and scales of 1:25k, 1:50k. The baseplate is curved-up at the back-end for perfect fit in the hand. The red/black north-south lines in the capsule bottom ensures easy and safe settling. The distinct arrow and scales/markings in a clear contemporary font combined with lots of transparency in the baseplate makes navigating easier – when activated in light the luminous markings enable night time navigation. The needle is made from finest Swedish steel with high quality magnetic features.
This compass model is equipped with a detachable scale lanyard that works like a ruler. The scale lanyard has two scales on it; 1:25, and 1:50, which makes it easier to measure the distance of your hike. Since its soft and bendable it’s easy to place directly on to your route on the map when you are out in the terrain – or when you are planning for your next adventure.
- Accuracy 1°
- Dimensions 107x54x11
- Included accessories Distance lanyard (1:25, 1:50)
- Ip classification Waterproof
- Material Acrylic/TPU
- Measuring scales mm1:25000, 1:50000
- Type of compass Base plate compass
- User level Basic
- Warranty 5 years
- Detachable distance lanyard with scales to measure longer distances.
- Map measuring scales; mm, GPS scales 1:25 and 1:50.
- Rotatable housing – use with the SILVA 1-2-3 System®
- Magnifying lens for precision map work.
- Rubber grip – easy handling
- Declination scale inside the capsule.
- Luminous markings that enables night navigation.
- Robust material that withstands tough treatment and conditions.