Expedition 4 is an advanced level compass primarily used by rescue workers and outdoor enthusiasts who crave top level equipment. It contains everything you need in a compass and has added functionality for GPS.
This full-size base plate compass is made for experienced navigators. The Expedition 4 compass is perfect for more demanding trips or when you want to have the possibility to navigate with more advanced and precise techniques.
WITHSTANDS TOUGH WEATHER CONDITIONS
Expedition 4 contains everything you need in a compass and has added functionality for GPS. It is made by robust material and withstands the toughest of conditions. Furthermore it features a magnifying lens for detailed map reading and a declination scale inside the capsule and includes a detachable lanyard.
Thanks to its luminous markings it is possible to use for night navigation as well.
- Accuracy›± 1° (17.8 mils)
- Declination scale inside capsule
- Graduation: 6400° / 360° (360° inside the capsule), 6300°, 360°
- Luminous markings
- Magnifying lens
- Material: Acrylic
- Patented red/black N/S lines in capsule
- Resolution degrees / mils: 2 / 50
- Scales: 1:25k, 1:50k, 1:63.360k, mm, inch
- Silicon friction feet
- Size: 126 x 60 x 10 mm
- Temperature operating range: -40 to +60 °C
- Silva 1-2-3 System baseplate compass
- Water resistance: IP68 – (more than 100 m)
- Weight: 36g
- Compass housing made from Dryflex™ – rounded base plate – comfortable and fits any hand size
- Patented red/black orienting lines – easy and “fool proof” to take bearings
- Map measuring scales mm, inch Romer scales, 1:25k, 1:40k, 1:50k – compatible with basically any map.
- Luminous markings – enables night navigation
- Friction feet – increases precision in map work
- Hole for marking positions on map with pen/pencil – increasing precision
- Built in magnifier for detailed map reading